Bike tour through villages and vineyards of Chianti
Cycling holiday to discover one of the most famous and beautiful areas of Tuscany: the Chianti Classico.
Round trip starting and ending at Florence to explore the hills and mountains of Chianti. Among paved roads, trails and a whole day on the path of 'Eroica', you'll visit small villages and some of the most beautiful and famous vineyards of Tuscany.
DETAILS OF THE TOUR: 6 days / 5 nights | Terrain: mainly dirt roads alternating with paved roads
Period: everyday from March to November
Overnight stays are scheduled in:
Florence - Tavarnelle V.d.P. - 2 nights in Radda in Chianti - Florence
2 - 3 persons: 575,00 € p.p.
4 or more persons: 495,00 € p.p.
Download brochure for all details
What is included in both the fee:
1. Firenze. Arrival. Possibility to book extra nights. Overnight in 4 star hotel with pool in Florence
2. Firenze – Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, 38 km, ascent 700 m. From the hotel in few minutes you will be out of the city of Florence and enter the Chianti area. A wonderful side street with very little traffic will lead you, among olive groves and vineyards to the village of Tavarnelle. In the afternoon wine tasting in the the hotel cellar. Overnight in 4 star hotel with pool.
3. Tavarnelle Val di Pesa – Radda in Chianti, 41 km, ascent 900 m. The stage is short but has many miles of dirt road and climb quite challenging. You'll visit the wonderful abbey of Badia a Passignano, the village of Panzano and Volpaia. In the afternoon you will be accompanied in a van to the castle of Albola for a visit and a wine tasting of Chianti.
Overnight in 3 star hotel with pool.
4. Radda in Chianti – Brolio – Radda in Chianti, 55 km, ascent 950 m.This third leg of the tour is dedicated to the 'Eroica' cycle path. You will follow the ups and downs of this beautiful white road and visit the villages of Vertine, Gaiole in Chianti, the castle of Brolio (estate of Baron Ricasoli and largest vineyard of Chianti). Overnight in 3 star hotel with pool.
5. Radda in Chianti – Firenze, 51 km, ascent 700 m. From Radda you will face an hard 2 kilometers climb and will continue on a beautiful trail to Greve in Chianti. From there you will reach Florence on paved road. Overnight in 4 star hotel with pool in Florence
Difficulty: The route stretches for many miles on dirt roads and forest paths. The stages are not too long (45-55 km) and the off-roads are not particularly technical, but because of the ascent it's required a bit of training and some practice with the mountain bike.
|Contact Form : Insert your mail to receive all information|